Ok, not totally Netflix but still whatever you get what I mean.
Recently, the way I have been treating myself is with television. I know, it’s not very glamorous… but still. It is what it is. And sometimes, curling up on the couch is the best way to treat yourself. I know I already explained to you how sad I am that How I Met Your Mother is over… and I have been watching a handful of shows on TV… but these TV gems are my favorite as of today…
6) General Hospital. I think I have discussed my love for this show before, but can’t remember. I grew up watching One Life to Live with my mother… and once that was cancelled we decided to give GH a try. Mostly because three of our favorite characters were planning to transition over to the show. Well… GH is miles better than OLTL ever was. (Which I don’t understand because the head writer from OLTL went to GH!) Anyways – through all sorts of drama (ha) our characters were phased out and re-written in as new characters… and it’s easily my favorite guilty pleasure.
5) The Little Mermaid. Seriously. Sunday morning I was curled up watching one of my favorite Disney movies and it was beyond amazing. I own this one so I can watch it all the time. And I do. This really goes for all Disney movies… obviously I have been watching Frozen, and my other two favorite princess movies are Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.
4) Dr Who. I wouldn’t call myself a “huge Dr. Who fan”… but I like it. I put episodes on a lot at the gym… I don’t have too many episodes left on Netflix though, so I have been watching them less to conserve them. I don’t know what I’ll do when I run out! Keep waiting for new ones to show up I guess………. and by the way, my favorite doctor is still Christopher Eccleston. Currently I’m on Matt Smith – who I like – but still. I hear your first doctor is always your favorite and I guess that’s true!!
3) House of Cards. Last summer when I was living with my parents before we got all moved in – my mom and I watched the first season and loved it! Now we’re watching the second together. It’s hard because we don’t get a ton of time to watch… so we’re only on like the 4th or 5th episode… but still. And also? It is way too smart for me and most of the time I’m not 100% sure what exactly is going on… but I do love the show!
2) Rules of Engagement. There is something about lame 20-ish minute sitcoms that I can’t get enough of. This has been my treadmill/bike show of choice the past few weeks! I would especially love to hear about any other shows like this one I should add to my list… eventually I’ll make my way to the end of this series, too!
1) GAME OF THRONES. STOP EVERYTHING. This is my obsession. Again, not Netflix, but still. OBSESSED. (and along the lines of HBO – I am having fun watching old episodes of The Sopranos as well!) I became officially obsessed last summer when I caught up from episode one. Over the past few months I convinced my husband to watch, and now we are hooked. And it’s bad… all day Sunday all I can think about is what’s going to happen next. Last Sunday’s episode? HOLY CRAP OH MY GOSH. Seriously if you don’t watch it then you are missing OUT.
… and I can’t post anything about Game of Thrones without posting this:
Be sure to go check out Olives and Wine – thanks for the link up! And let me know what your favorite TV shows to binge on are. Because even though this list is extensive, and I watch other shows as well as these, I’m always down to try new ones! Bonus points if the entire season is on Netflix because I really can’t stand waiting for new episodes…