So usually most people blog about Stitch Fix when they get their first one. I am not most people. I also don’t know if Stitch Fix gives blogger reviewers free stuff to do it or not – I’m just reviewing them for fun!
Here’s the deal… How does it work?
1. Sign Up and Complete Your Style Profile After signing up you can start immediately on your Style Profile. We need to know your size, shape, style, budget, and lifestyle to get your Fix right. The Style Profile will take about 10 minutes to complete.
2. Schedule a Stitch Fix Pick a shipment date, and we’ll send you a box of 5 clothing and accessory items we’ve hand-picked just for you. You can even opt to schedule a monthly delivery if you’d like. You pay a $20 styling fee when your stylist selects the items in your Stitch Fix. This $20 fee will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
3. Try On All Of Your Items Try on everything we send you—you never know what you’ll like until you see it on. Pair each piece with items already in your closet to try different outfit options. Each item includes style cards with ideas and inspiration on how to wear it.
4. Decide Take 3 days to decide what you’ll keep. Return the items you don’t want in our pre-paid mailing bag at any USPS mailbox.
5. Check Out Login to your account and pay for those items you kept. If you buy all 5 items you save 25% off the entire shipment price.
It’s really that easy. AND that great. My main problem is that I have a ton of “work” clothes, and a ton of “work out” clothes. Very little in between… so I figured this was a cool way to try new stuff! My first box was good, but not great. There was one pair of pants I REALLY wanted to keep… but they were a little too expensive, and I didn’t really have anything to wear with them, so I sent everything back. I was nervous about the second box… I really didn’t want to spend another 20 bucks and not keep anything… My second box was MUCH better and I ended up keeping three things! An infinity scarf, a tank top, and a plaid flowy shirt.
Here is my third Stitch Fix… special thanks to Mother Dearest for snapping all these photos!
I *WANTED* to keep everything. This time they totally nailed my style. However – I ended up only keeping one sweater. This fix was just a little too expensive for my taste… I liked everything, but couldn’t bring myself to pay that much for it. It was almost impossible putting that coral sweater back in the bag – the back was so cool. But that fabric catches and snags and stretches… I just couldn’t keep it. That’s another cool thing about Stitch Fix – you tell them *why* you didn’t keep something. The fit was odd, didn’t like the color, already have a similar dress… or too expensive!!
I have added a link to the sidebar of this blog if you want to try it out – full disclosure – I get credit if you sign up by clicking that link! And that would be awesome if you did!!! I already got my friend Chelsea to sign up, and she loves it as much as I do! My fourth Fix is scheduled for March 14th… so stay tuned to see what I get next time!
Bonus: Here is a picture of my NEW HAIR (more on THAT later too!) cuddled up to a picture of me today wearing the sweater from this fix I did decide to keep!
On another note – WHY are my hands ALWAYS on my hips when I take a picture?